Monday, June 9, 2008

Tossin' Fish

Location: Seattle, WA

We had a team meeting at REI today; we've been having those and skills assessments, and even a friendship visit yesterday which I missed in order to finish a paper. Sad.

Afterwards, we walked through the rain to Pike Place Market. After all, it's pretty much a must-see for those out-of-towners. Hell, I even enjoy it. Every time I go down there I regret that I haven't gone there MORE.

A few of the guys got to throw/catch fish at the infamous fish market. To quote one (I'm still working on the names), "That was probably the coolest thing I've done...in a long while." Haha.

I'm glad they're getting to experience some of Seattle's highlights, as tourist-y as they are. We went to Kerry Park yesterday for our team picture in front of the entire Seattle cityscape. (Mt. Rainier was obviously obstructed by clouds.) The gigantic REI, Pike Place Market and fish-tossin', and of COURSE the original Starbucks.

And what is Seattle without our super weather? It's been gray with the rare sunbreak...but mostly rain. Honestly, I think most would be disappointed to go to Seattle and not get rained on. That would be robbing them of the whole experience...right? Hahaha. Anyway, I should be studying for the two finals I have yet to take, so until next time...!

No comments: